It’s the 5th year of Swallow Your Pride! – Vancouver’s only queer BDSM play party on pride weekend!
Swallow Your Pride events are organized and held on the unceded, traditional territory and homelands of the Coast Salish people, specifically the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and səl̓ílwətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. As organizers, we encourage all attendees to thoughtfully consider how collectively we can be supportive and in solidarity every day with the Indigenous communities on whose land we gather.
Friday, August 2nd, 2019 I 8 pm – 1 am l Maritime Labour Centre l 1880 Triumph St
It’s been five incredible years of queering leather, building community, and celebrating BDSM pride with our fabulous queer community! We are so thrilled to see how your support has brought us this far.
Please join us for a night of sexy play in a large and fully-equipped dungeon, with suspension frames, crosses, massage tables, cages, and spanking benches. As always, our curated playlist features music by queer and BIMPOC artists.
Whether you are a skilled Daddy, femme4femme, bratty switch, genderqueer kinkster, or new to the scene and still exploring, every glorious (19+) LGBTQ2SI+ kinkster is welcome.
This event does not tolerate racism, anti-blackness, transphobia, homophobia, fatphobia, ableism, TERFS or SWERFS. We promote the use of enthusiastic consent when seeking play, touch, and interaction in the dungeon. The organizers will intervene, and you will be asked to leave if you do not adhere to these standards. Attendees may ask any organizer or designated “responsible adult” (identifiable by large rainbow sashes) for assistance at any time.
Party: $25 cash at the door / $20 in advance online
*There is no ATM on site, and cash only at the door!*
Advance tickets available here: https://m.bpt.me/event/4295108
We have a limited number of sliding scale tickets available with priority given to BIMPOC. Please contact us at email@example.com if you need one. If you can sponsor a ticket for someone in need of one, contact us directly to set that up.
We strive to make SYP welcoming and accessible to those who wish to attend. We are open to ideas of how to continue and improve accessibility and will thoughtfully work at meeting those needs.
• ASL interpreters can be made available upon advanced request. (Please email by July 15th to let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Multi-stall non-gendered washrooms
• Wheelchair accessible entrance, seating area, washrooms and dungeon space
• Seating options for dungeon party include padded, armless chairs.
• An aftercare space with mattresses, pillows and cushions will be available at the evening party.
• Free street parking available throughout the neighbourhood
• Public transit to venue (#4 & #7 at Victoria and Powell/ #14 & #16 at Victoria and Hastings)
• There will be a cash-only concession stand with snacks and beverages during the party
• There is no alcohol served at this event
SCENT REDUCED SPACE
In order to ensure access to those with allergies, and MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivities), please refrain from wearing colognes, perfumes or other scented or chemical products to the event.
• There will not be bootblacking at this event in consideration of those with MCS.
• No smoking in the event space or within 25 feet of the event entrance.
• There will be scent-free soap in the washrooms.
• The venue is maintained with the use of scented and chemical cleaners, however during the party hospital-grade sanitizing wipes will be used for dungeon equipment.
For more information on how to be fragrance free:
ACCESSIBILITY PHYSICAL SPACE AUDIT
This audit of the Maritime Labour Centre was originally performed by the Radical Access Mapping Project in August 2011:
If you would like a space audited, or have questions about accessibility in general or this audit in particular, please contact email@example.com
**No content on this site may be used without consent of the Swallow Your Pride organizers**